Sunday, October 30, 2011

Chegada

Said goodbye to my wife in Bangkok, and after 30+ hours I landed in Sao Paulo after an interminable journey through multiple planes and airports. You know you've been on a long trip when you've managed to watch 8 feature length movies along the way. Sleep deprived and unshaven, I breezed through immigration and customs and found my ride waiting to drive me back to the Hilton Morumbi Hotel. Got into the front seat and spent the better part of a half hour talking to my new friend Marco, who kept me entertained on the long ride through the city. Marco clued me into the common perception that "people in Sao Paulo work, while in the rest of Brazil people are more relaxed." Driving through clogged city highways, this distinction made sense to my jet lagged mind, and I tried to ward off my secret desire for a sun drenched beachfront Brazilian adventure with the admonition that I am here to work, and only that. A week in a conference room lies ahead... But still...this place is magic, and Brazil still fascinates me to no end. Any way I look at it, it is a privilege to grace these shores again, and I look forward to the rhythms of this metropolis weaving their way into my week here. Brazil is a feast, and its many flavors await anyone who cares to listen...

No comments:

Post a Comment