Sunday, November 6, 2011

Os Gemeos


Finished up the meeting and left for a day long tour of the city with my friend Kieran from Sydney. It proved to be a worthwhile investment of time and money, as I learned a lot and saw some things I would've otherwise missed in the short amount of time I spent here. One of the first things our guide pointed out were the huge highway side murals we passed while driving through the city, courtesy of a number of Sao Paulo's renowned graffiti artists. In particular, I learned about Os Gemeos for the first time. This twin brother duo has left a huge mark on the graffiti world, and Sao Paulo is filled with their work. Check out their website here to get a sense of what they do, or just google Os Gemeos to see a pretty amazing collection of their work. Below are a handful I like. It's always humbling and gratifying to discover artists worth admiring who you've never heard of before...







No comments:

Post a Comment